Single-family home sales in Quincy, Massachusetts declined in November, but median prices increased, according to the Greater Boston Association of Realtors. The following are five real estate market statistics Quincy homebuyers should know.
1. The median price of a single-family home increased 4.8 percent through November to $393,000 compared to $375,000 during the same 11-month period in 2014.
2. Single-family home sales increased 9.4 percent to 456 through November 2015, but declined 19 percent to 34 in November 2015.
3. The months supply of single-family inventory declined 45.2 percent in November to 1.8 months from 3.3 months in November 2014. Six months of inventory is considered a balanced market between sellers and homebuyers.
4. The median condo price in Quincy increased 9.4 percent to $280,500 through November compared to $256,500 during the first 11 months of 2014.
5. There were 401 condominium units sold through November, an increase of 13.9 percent compared to the same time frame in 2014.